The Public Legal Information Association of NL (PLIAN) is seeking applications for a six month contract position with our organization in the role of Project Coordinator.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for carrying out a project involving the delivery of plain language legal information on the topic of the child protection system. This will involve carrying out several workshops throughout the province, and an estimated 4-5 trips to various regions of the province will be required. As well, the Project Coordinator will oversee the development and publication of plain language materials on the topic of child protection.
The contract will commence in July, at a date to be determined, and last for a six month period. There is a potential for the contract to be extended, if funding allows.
Requirements for the position:
- Interest in the law
- Experience in public speaking and presentations
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to travel frequently within Newfoundland and Labrador
- Legal experience (either in education or work experience)
- Familiarity with the child protection system
- Experience working with Indigenous communities or groups and/or from an Indigenous background.
Terms of the contract, including compensation, will be discussed with the successful candidate.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for the position of Project Coordinator, please submit a CV and covering letter by Wednesday, July 12 to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information, please call PLIAN at 722-2805.